Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It's all about the base

I had a lovely day of stitching on Sunday and I was able to get a fair bit done on Cornwall Cottage. The bottom of it is pretty much finished accept for the border, which I'll be working on next Sunday.  I got a start on the new section of it but I didn't get it done as I was starting to make mistakes and when that starts happening my stitching day is pretty much over.

I settled in and watched a few girl movies.  Which is the best way to stitch on a Sunday.  Hubby was out with my brother working on something/somewhere...so I pretty much had the day to myself....so mom and I sat and watched  "Under the Tuscan Sun"  "You've Got Mail" and then "The Devil Wear's Prada"  Next Sunday I think we'll pick some newer ones, but it felt like this past Sunday was good from some older favorites.

I've got a little happy dance to share as well.  This project actually pissed me off a bit, truth be told!  I love it, but honestly started this before Valentine's day, for a V-day finish.  But it surprisingly was very very time consuming!  It just seemed that I would sit and stitch for an hour and I wouldn't have gotten very far with it, but now that it's done, I'm pleased.  The fabric sparkles but you can't tell from the picture.


17 comments:

Barb said...

Your little Valentine finish is very pretty. I can see where that heart would take some time. The border is just lovely on your other project. Sounds like a great day with your mom.

Unknown said...

Sounds as if you had a great time stitching and watching movies.

Love the fabric you used for your finished stitching - very pretty.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the old movies as well....Pretty Woman for sure but also anything with Meg Ryan in it works for me! blessings, marlene

Tracy J said...

Cornwall cottage is so pretty!

Linda said...

Great progress and super cute finish Barbi.

Linda

Lauren M said...

Lovely progress! Wonderful finish as well :)

Brigitte said...

Such a nice little Valentine's finsih. Yes, sometimes I'm surprised as well, how long a small design can take before it's finished. This little heart has a lot of solid stitching which always takes some time.
Very nice progress on your SAL piece.

blue star stitcher said...

Very pretty fabric for your V-day finish. My two favorite girl movies have to be "In her shoes" and "the proposal", if you haven't watched them I highly recommend both!

Rachel said...

Lovely progress, a lovely finish and obviously a lovely Sunday with your mum. Sound even more blissful than usual! :)

Blu said...

Such a cute Valentine finish! The fabric is so darling.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I sooo love your Sunday project!

Great little HD, I bet filling in that heart took forever!

Mary Ann said...

Lovely progress on the Cornwall Cottage border, and your Valentine piece is so pretty!!

katica said...

Great progress, great movies, and I love your finish!! As I mentioned to you before I wasn't able to get any stitches in on our SAL

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much time some of the littles can take? But, your Valentine stitching was worth it. It's ADORABLE!

Deb said...

Beautiful Valentines finish! Love your fabric.
Same way, start making mistakes and it is time to put things down.

Carol said...

That sounds like my kind of weekend, Barbi :) Your sampler is looking more and more beautiful with each week. And how cute that little Valentine finish is!

So, no more Bachelor! What will we do on Monday nights--ha ha :)

Lily Allen said...

looking so beautiful. love your progress.
clipping path